Monday 26 April 2010

Au revoir Cusco


I saw Cusco when I saw it from Saqsaywaman. The Incas designed their capital in the form of a puma and the site of Saqsaywaman formed its head. Once I had been to this site all became clear and Cusco  conquered me.  I hope I will go back one day. It is quite unlike anywhere I have ever been. I miss the red earth, the mountains all around, the end-of-afternoon rain, the presence of the Incas,  the kind and unpretentious people with their soft Spanish. My lovely daughter is still there and I miss her  too. But now I can picture her... and I know why she wants to stay there a few months more...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

peregrinations

"The visitor must have a fund of intelligent imagination and a blind eye for incongruities and then his peregrinations will be a remembered pleasure."

Wanderings in Wessex - An Exploration of the Southern Realm from Itchen to Otter